Calendar of Events
Thursday, May 19, 2022
Monroe Area Council for the Arts: English Country Dance Classes
Presented by the Monroe Area Council for the Arts at the Cora Veal Seniors Center
“Where friends meet to dance, and new friends are made.”
English Country Dance is a style of folk dance preceding Square Dance and a forerunner of modern line dance.
• No partner needed
• Each dance is taught with a walk-through, having the music played to understand the pace of the dance, and called.
• Dance patterns are prompted throughout by the caller
• Classes will be held at the Cora Veal Seniors Center located at 144 College Street, Madisonville, TN
• Classes from 12-1 PM on Apr 14, 21, 28; May 5, 19, 26
• Classes are free of charge and are funded by the Tennessee Arts Commission
You must pre-register! TO REGISTER CALL: Carol Ann Johnson at 423-884-6591
Centro Hispano: Spanish Conversation Table
Looking to practice your Spanish? We’d love for you to join us for our virtual Spanish Conversation Table each Thursday from 6-8 p.m! This weekly gathering led by expert Argentine language instructor Inés Gadea is the perfect opportunity for speakers of all levels to practice their Spanish with a native speaker in a fun, casual and comfortable fashion. Learn more and register here.
Virtual Silver Sneakers: Tai Chi, Enerchi & Chair Yoga classes
FREE - led by Donald Parsley
Tuesdays and Thursdays: 12 PM Classic, a light exercise class; 1 PM Flow Yoga; 2 PM Enerchi - modified Yang and Sung style movements; and 2:45 PM Stability
Fridays: 1 PM Circuit; and 2:15 PM Chair Yoga, also called Flowing Yoga. No getting down on the floor.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 763 581 3381
Anyone can join the classes, but they are designed for seniors. There is limited space. A Zoom account is not necessary, but a camera and mike are required on the device used for internet. For more information about registration, contact the instructor, Don Parsley at firstname.lastname@example.org